Monday, May 18, 2015

I Get Superstitious

In the winter I interviewed Elisa Ambrogio and Naomi Yang for the Rumpus. That entire adventure fell into my lap because I tweeted a link to a blog post I wrote about Elisa's video for Superstitious; she RTed, and then I asked if I could interview her and Naomi. Sometimes you just have to ask for things.

I'm happy to say that Elisa scored a major publicity boost last week when the New York Times T Magazine ran a short post on her new video for "Arkansas". Check it out! Her record is great and more people should be listening.

I have some forthcoming interviews with writers set to run in Electric Literature. Stay tuned.

And here's a plug for Okey Panky, a literary journal under the EL umbrella, run by writers and editors who have been friends and mentors for a long time. Elisa Gabbert's poems in last week's issue are fantastic.

A taste:

We had crossed into
November. I spoke
of my desire. I said desire

but I meant longing.
Desire is despair
with sex mixed in.

No comments:

Post a Comment