Saturday, August 22, 2015

You Too Can Have a Body

I interviewed Alexandra Kleeman over at Electric Lit about her debut novel, "You Too Can Have a Body Like Mine".

We talked about writing, working in different forms, and female beauty products, but in the introduction to the piece I teased one of the story lines which involves a snack cake that is touted for being natural even though all of its organic ingredients are neutralized by chemical processes and rendered more plastic than food.

I took a print making class where I learned how to make block prints. As is my nature, it's become an obsession of mine. Here are some prints I made.

I call this a banana pickle.

It's total bullshit that there isn't a hot dog emoji.


And this is my favorite snack food name. (From Taiwan, of course.)

No comments:

Post a Comment