Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Winter Round-Up

Back in the fall I published an essay about my mother's belief in spirits, but one of the initial impulses was to write about a supposedly haunted hotel in Taiwan. One of the unresolved pieces of that puzzle was whether the supposed execution ground the hotel was reportedly built upon was a Japanese-era execution ground, or a Taiwanese KMT-era execution ground. Now I know it was a KMT-era political prison. Read the sad story of families just-now learning what became of their family members during the White Terror era. These letters are heart breaking.

One of my favorite writers, Elisa Gabbert, was interviewed over at the Rumpus. She mentions our exchange for Electric Literature, but do read the interview to bask in her brilliance.

I interviewed one of my favorite writers, Dana Spiotta, for Electric Literature.



No comments:

Post a Comment